Hello everyone, so this week has not been quite as productive as I wanted it to be. I have been trying to figure out classes for next semester and dealing with tests all week in my classes. But I did finally get around to starting my DNA extraction protocols, so this week has not been a total loss. I started with the boiling method of DNA extraction and just sort of went down the list testing the different methods as I went along. I still have a couple more to test, but they will have to wait until next week. My phone broke and so I was not able to take any interesting photos besides this picture of my bacteria being centrifuged, which isn't particularly enthralling.